10 Great Tips For Arranging Your Own Flowers! September 09, 2015 05:26
1. Start With Fresh Flowers - Before you even begin arranging your flowers, the best tip above all is to pick out some quality flowers that have a lot of life in them to begin with.
2. Put Them In Water Fast - After you purchase your flowers, always put them in water fast. As soon as you get them home, fill some buckets with tepid water, add floral preservative, and then your fresh flowers.
4. Water Temp Matters - Warm water helps tightly closed flower heads and causes them to open fully. Let them stay in the water for a day or two before use.
5. Use Foam - Use florist's foam to keep flowers in place and constantly hydrated so they last the longest they possibly can. Soak the foam for 15 minutes before cutting it to fit the container, in addition to watering the foam every couple of days.
6. Continue Trimming - Recut your stems just before adding them to the arrangement. Strip off any dead leaves that fall below the water line because it helps minimize fungus and bacteria.
7. Large and Heavy Flowers First - Add these first, turning the arrangement as you work to ensure even placement of them on each side. Then, fill in with smaller, airier blooms, and leave enough space between the stems so individual flowers have room to shine. Include flowers with various shapes and stem lengths as well.
8. Similar Colors - Mix in similar color flowers, yet with different textures for a monochromatic arrangement that's interesting to see.
10. Proper Placement - Lastly, always keep flowers away from sunlight and heating vents. Then, recut stems and add water often.
SoCal Petals also provides same-day delivery within the Los Angeles and Orange County daily. Up to 3pm daily, you can have your premium bouquet and assorted gift delivered to your recipient for only $11.99. If you don't need a Santa Monica Flower Delivery or a Culver City Flower Delivery right away, we also offer next-day delivery for $9.99 as well. SoCal Petals manages its very own deliveries, resulting in your recipient's flowers arriving fresh and on time. You don't have to look any further than SoCal Petals. Whether via phone or online, come and experience a signature SoCa Petals arrangement today!